Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Useful Tip of the Day - Getting Rid of Fruit Flies

I hate fruit flies.  I hate 'em.  Stupid little pests that are always up in your face whenever you want to grab an apple from the basket.  I swear these little buggers know when I am coming to leave where they are hiding harass me.  I have no quams about saying that it gives me great pleasure when I kill some of them, or in this case, a mass grave of them.  This little tip comes from, as far as I know, one of my "many" followers Kerl, who may have gotten this from her mother-in-law, but hey, why give others credit when you can take it for yourself.

Seems like a very simple way of ridding yourself of fruit flies is a little dish of some white vinegar and a sheet of pastic wrap.  Just put some vinegar into the dish and put the plastic wrap over top of it.  Poke a couple of little slots through the plastic wrap.  Turns out, fruit flies aren't very bright, and the smell of the vinegar attacts them into their pending sarcophagus, but they can't figure out how to get out once they are in there.  Then let the mass killings begin.  It sounds morbid, yes, but seeing those little nuisances floating around in vinegar warms my heart like a fine Scotch on a cool winters day.

That's about it for today.

Until next time,

-d

Edit: Thanks Paul, my usual editor has given up on editing for me.

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...