Sunday, June 19, 2011

Footprint Bumblebees for Daddy on Father's Day








This year for Father's Day I baked Jessica Seinfeld's Applesauce Muffins (which I will post soon) and wanted for the girl's to make a sweet Father's Day "card" for their Daddy. This was our very first attempt at the Footprint Bumblebee. I had found the idea on Pinterest (feel free to click on the red "Follow me on Pinterest" button below the blog header) which is from Crafty-Crafted.com. I pinned it a couple of weeks ago and couldn't wait to try it. Here's what we did.

With a big enough ink pad (purchased at the Dollarama of all places!), I got my 3 year old's and my almost 11 months old's foot prints on a white piece of paper. Using this ink pad was really easy, as I was able to just wipe their feet clean with a baby wipe, once done!


As you can see, Olivia didn't get one of her toes properly printed :)

Next, we painted 3 black lines onto each of the bees. I actually dug out my 16 year old Caran D'Ache water colours for this project. I used to paint with it at my school in Switzerland, where I grew up and probably haven't used it in 16 years! They worked perfectly, except for the white paint, because it comes in a tube.


Then I needed white paint, but the 16 year old tube that came with my water colour set, was dried out, so unfortunatly we had to make do with grey for the eyes of the bees. My 3 year old finger-printed on the eyes for each bee. She used the index finger for her bee (the bigger one) and the little finger for her baby sister's bee (the little one).


Older kids can surely do this by themselves but I painted on the wings, eye brows, mouth and antennas of each bee.


To finish up, I wrote a little message to Daddy from his Little Bumble Bees. I think this would even make a really nice art work on the wall, if framed. This wasn't hard or time-consuming at all and Olivia had so much fun - try it!





Linking up with Skip to My Lou

8 comments:

  1. What a cute post! Lovely bees...so creative! Nice space you got here...hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea. I've seen so many things done with hand prints.... but this is the first for foot prints. Thanks for the post!

    Buffie
    http://scrappingwithbuffie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute! I will be linking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love these little bumble bee footprints. I think they would make awesome prints for kitchen towels.

    I found you through the Made By You Monday link party and am your newest follower. Come check me out, too, if you're interested @ Carissa's Creativity Space

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh! Those are ADORABLE!

    I run Fun Family Crafts, a library of craft tutorials geared at kids of all ages. I would love it if you'd stop by and submit this to be featured! (I link to you, I don't post your tutorial on the site) Feel free to submit as many kid friendly craft tutorials as you like! http://funfamilycrafts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Adorable!!
    This would be a cute way of recording those little foot prints too....love the idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...