Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Crayons - Make Your Own!

I found this on Pinterest a while ago and finally got the chance to try it out.  I went to Bulk Barn and bought a Wilton's non-stick 12 mould Cookie Pan for $11.99 (had a $3 off coupon).  I figured I could use the pan again for cookies of course, but maybe also soap.

I wanted to make my crayons mostly mono colour, so first I went through my bucket for crayons, finding lots of the same Halloween colours.  Then, I had to peel them.








Next, I cut the crayons up in pieces and filled the different moulds with the different Halloween colours.






Once the mould as ready, I put it in the oven at 300 F for 10 min.  It's really, really important to only use silicone moulds or other moulds that you know are OVEN SAFE, as others may not survive!!

This is what the moulds look like, freshly out of the oven!




This is what the moulds look like once dry.




The moulds came out really easy.  I did not even have to grease the pan or anything, as this one is a non-stick pan.  This is what the finished product looked like:








I decided to bring some of them to my Friend's Halloween Party, who throws the most amazing parties ever and printed these FREE bag toppers off Pinterest.  The baggies I got at the Dollarama.


And this is the finished product. :)



Linking up with: Skip to My Lou

2 comments:

  1. Was für eine tolle Idee, liebe Sylvia! Das würde meinen Kleinen auch gefallen!
    Wir geht es Dir und Deinen Lieben?

    Ich wünsche Euch ein schönes Weihnachtsfest!

    Alles Liebe,
    Verena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit. We always love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...